- Prepare Surface Pressure wash the old surface to eliminate loose material. Repair substrate, blisters, and cracks as needed.
- Seal Seams Reinforce all roof, vent, duct, and flashing seams and laps with high tensile strength polyester cloth. Saturate with the appropriate ASTEC Base Sealer.
- Prime and Seal Surface Apply one or more layers of the appropriate ASTEC Base Sealer. This bonding sealer applies as a fluid, filling all cracks, and curing as a seamless, pliable, membrane over the entire roof.
- Apply First Layer Apply the first layer of ASTEC #2000 Re-Ply Finish. It will bond with the ASTEC Base Sealer for a tough, weatherproof membrane.
- Apply Final Layer Apply the second application of ASTEC #2000 Re-Ply finish to the roof. This results in a seamless, highly reflective “cool roof” that remains durable, weathertight, and pliable. Impervious to many airborne corrosives, ASTEC roofs have proven performance over 100’s of millions of square feet.
This is a typical system for asphalt roofs. Products and procedures may vary by roof type and condition. Only ASTEC detailed specifications will be approved on any ASTEC roofing project.